An avid PC monger, I was forced into the Mac world by my design work field. Soon my appreciation for Apple products grew into a collection of iPods, iPhones, iMacs, and iEverything-else-under-the-Apple-world. The simplicity of their products and user friendly UIs are so solidly built that it’s is so refreshing coming from my days of PC desktop tinkering.
Sadly, I think my love for the brand is slowly wearing thin. All good things come to an end right? In the last two years, I have had a…
- Desktop G4 with a mysterious glitch that hoses the OS X installation every few days (This included 2 months of visits to the Genius Bar only to suddenly have them drop support as my AppleCare expired. Stall tactics maybe?)
- 3rd generation iPod HDD bite the dust
- 2G iPhone and BlackBook fry each other when connected
- A randomly freezing 2G iPhone (the replacement for the above)
- and recently a White MacBook with a dead HDD
It’s time to say enough is enough. But where do I go from here? Replacing the iPhone will not be too hard with the plethora of supposed iPhone “killers” out there. The iPod? A Microsoft Zune? That thing is just one step away from being shelved next to their ActiMates. My Mac computers? I’ll always be forced to at least have one to continue supporting my Mac based clients.
It’s going to a long and obscure road ahead while I transition to a more dependable brand. Hello Nintendo? You’ve never disappointed me. Any chance OS X will be homebrewed on the Wii?